Python Programming Language
Python is a Programming Language. Python is a clear, easy, flexible, powerful, fast, object oriented and general purpose programming language. Which is specially suited for web development. It is comparable with Perl, Ruby, Scheme, or Java. Python is a programming language that lets you work more quickly and integrate your systems more effectively. Python is friendly and easy to learn; is open source. Python runs everywhere.
Python is a programming language that lets you work quickly and integrate systems more effectively. Python is free and easy to learn. The Python programming language is created by Guido van Rossum. It is first released in 1991. Python can be easy to pick up whether you're a first time programmer or you're experienced with other programming languages.
This Python Programming Language Tutorial is free for people who want to learn Python quickly and easily. Python basic tutorial is very useful for engineering students.
The Python Package Index (PyPI) hosts thousands of third-party modules for Python. Both Python's standard library and the community-contributed modules allow for endless possibilities.
Who Developed Python Programming Language ?
The Python programming language is Developed by Guido van Rossum. It is first released in 1991.
Is Python an Interpreter Language ?
Python is an interpreter and high level programming language, compilation and linking is not necessary.
Python works on Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi operating systems. Python interpreters are available for many operating systems.
A global community of programmers develops and maintains CPython, a free and open-source reference implementation. A non-profit organization, the Python Software Foundation, manages and directs resources for Python and CPython development.
Python supports multiple programming language paradigms, including structured (procedural), object-oriented, and functional programming. Python is often described as a batteries included programming language due to its comprehensive standard library.
The Python interpreter and the extensive standard library are freely available in source or binary form for all major platforms from the Python official Web site, https://www.python.org/, and freely distributed.
Features of Python Programming Language
- Python uses an elegant syntax, making the programs easier to read.
- Python is easy to use language.
- Python comes with a large standard library that supports many common programming tasks such as connecting to web servers, searching text with regular expressions, reading and modifying files.
- Python's interactive mode makes it easy to test short snippets of code.
- Python has development environment called IDLE (Integrated Development and Learning Environment).
- It is easily extended by adding new modules implemented in a compiled language such as C or C++.
- Python also be embedded into an application to provide a programmable interface.
- Python runs anywhere, including Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, and Unix, with unofficial builds also available for Android and iOS.
- Python is free to download or use Python, or to include it in your application.
- Python can also be freely modified and re-distributed because Python is available under an open source license.
- Programs written in Python are typically much shorter than equivalent C, C++, or Java programs, for several reasons.
- The high level data types allow you to express complex operations in a single statement
- Statement grouping is done by indentation instead of beginning and ending brackets.
- No variable or argument declarations are necessary.
Programming Features of Python
- A variety of basic data types are available: numbers (floating point, complex, and unlimited-length long integers), strings (both ASCII and Unicode), lists, and dictionaries.
- Python supports object oriented programming with classes and multiple inheritances.
- Python code can be grouped into modules and packages.
- Python supports exception handling.
- Python data types are strongly and dynamically typed.
- Mixing incompatible types i.e. attempting to add a string and a number causes an exception to be raised.
- Python contains advanced programming features such as generators and list.
- Python's automatic memory management frees you from having to manually allocate and free memory in your code.
Writing Pythonic code is not hard but you have to get used to the Python Enhancement Proposal (PEP) code style rules.
What is Python Enhancement Proposal (PEP) ?
A PEP is a design document providing information to the Python community, or describing a new feature for Python or its processes or environment. The PEP should provide a concise technical specification of the feature and a rationale for the feature.
You can test, check, and improve your code style at online resources such as https://www.pythonchecker.com/
Python Programming Language Formatting Rules or PEP Rules
- A comment should not be longer than 72 characters.
- Put white spaces around the operators +=, == etc.
- Add two empty lines before the function definition.
- A class should have CamelCased name starting with a capital letter.
- A function name should start with a lower case letter, then numbers and _ (underscore) can follow example get_all_values_1234().
- Every block statement must be followed by equal 4 white spaces before (indentation).
Python is simple to use, but it is a real programming language, offering much more structure and support for large programs than shell scripts or batch files can offer. On the other hand, Python also offers much more error checking than C, and, being a very-high-level language, it has high-level data types built in, such as flexible arrays and dictionaries. Because of its more general data types Python is applicable to a much larger problem domain than Awk or even Perl, yet many things are at least as easy in Python as in those languages.
Python allows you to split your program into modules that can be reused in other Python programs. It comes with a large collection of standard modules that you can use to program in Python. Some of these modules provide things like file I/O, system calls, sockets, and even interfaces to graphical user interface toolkits like Tk.
Is Python for Beginners ?
Yes, Python is for beginners as well as experienced programmers. Any programmer either beginner or experienced programmer can learn Python quickly and easily. You can learn Python Programming Language quickly and easily by using this Python Tutorial.
What is Python Programming Language used for ?
Python Programming Language is basically used in machine learning applications, web applications, games, Desktop GUI and AI.
Is it Easy to Learn Python ?
Yes, Python is easy to learn. Its syntax is easy and code is easy to readable.
Can I Learn Python Without any Programming Experience or Background ?
Yes, you can learn Python even without any programming experience or background. Students can still choose Python as their first language, even without any programming background. It is because Python has consistent and simple syntax and the vast library. If you don't have any background in programming, there is no point in using a statically typed language. Python is very simple to read.
Why is Python so Popular ?
Python is much popular because it is highly productive as compared to other programming languages. Python is also very famous for its simple programming syntax and code readability.
Is Python Free to Download ?
Yes, Python is a free to download. It is open source programming language that is available for free for everyone to use any where. If you would like to know how to download and install Python on your computer you can learn from our How to Download and Install Python Tutorial.
Why is Python called Python ?
When Guido van Rossum began implementing Python, he was also reading the published scripts from "Monty Python's Flying Circus", a BBC comedy series from the 1970s. Van Rossum thought he needed a name that was short, unique, and slightly mysterious, so he decided to call the language Python.